What if I tell you that, in a way, I met Craig and Mark thanks to Cillian Murphy? From Cork, these two brother who created the amazing music website Fractured Air (go check it now if you don’t know it yet!), became friends with the Irish actor a while ago. Cillian did a few mix for them, and I mentioned them in the interview we did with him for the first episode of Music is my radar.
Internet is a magic place so me, Mark and Craig ended up talking, and it’s with great pleasure that we welcome them today on our website for a new series.
Each month, Fractured Air will curate a mix that will be posted on Blogo. The first one is ready and you can listen to it below – check out that cool tracklisting! Be ready for the next one in February, it’s going to be epic.
Fractured Air 01 – January 2016 (La Blogothèque Mix)
01. fLako – “The Opening / Purple Trees” (Five Easy Pieces)
02. Ennio Morricone – “La Musica Prima del Massacro” (The Hateful Eight OST, Decca/Third Man)
03. Mogwai – “Hungry Face” (Les Revenants OST, Rock Action)
04. David Bowie – “Warszawa” (RCA Victor)
05. Eduard Artemiev – “Listen to Bach (The Earth)” (Solaris OST, Superior Viaduct)
06. Brian Eno – “Some of Them Are Old” (Island)
07. Lucrecia Dalt – “FLOTO” (Care Of Editions)
08. WRY MYRRH – “TWO” (Soundcloud)
09. Nicolas Jaar – “Fight” (R&S)
10. Mick Jenkins – “Alchemy” (Cinematic Music Group)
11. Four Tet – “Evening Side” (excerpt) (Text)
12. Rocketnumbernine – “Two Ways” (Border Community)
13. Animal Collective – “FloriDada” (Domino)
14. Tortoise – “Gesceap” (Thrill Jockey)
15. The Space Lady – “Major Tom” (NightSchool)
16. Molly Nilsson – “Tomorrow” (Dark Skies Association, NightSchool)
17. Charlie Cocksedge – “Corrour” (excerpt) (Soundcloud)
18. Linda Scott – “I’ve Told Every Little Star” (Mulholland Drive OST, Milan)
19. Jonny Greenwood – “The Golden Fang” (Inherent Vice OST, Nonesuch)
20. Scott Walker – “Duchess” (Philips)
21. Tindersticks – “Hey Lucinda” (City Slang, Lucky Dog Recordings)
Fractured Air is an online music webzine based in Cork, Ireland, which focuses on the best of independent music. Having started in July 2012, Fractured Air offers in-depth interviews, insightful reviews, original artwork and frequent mixes (including guest mixes), spanning the broad spectrum of today’s independent music scene.
Compiled by Fractured Air, January 2016. The copyright in these recordings is the property of the individual artists and/or record labels. If you like the music, please support the artist by buying their records.